MY TEETH AND MY SELF ESTEEM - IM GETTING MY VENEERS JOURNEY
We all know that our smile is one of the first thing everybody notices. A smile can give a very warm welcoming vibes and it encourages people to trust us more. However, Im one of the people who is very insecure in smiling, My teeth are not align, the discolor bothers me, and it affects my confidence to the way my smile looks.
There is this one incident when my "Ex Date" told me that, one of the reason why we didnt end up together is because I have bad teeth and i dont smile alot. It sounds superficial but that made me very conscious about my smile. I tend to cover my mouth when I laugh and I always look serious on taking photos just to hide my teeth. While it may not seem like such a big deal, this insecurity makes a quite impact on my self-esteem.
Before getting veneers I had my braces for 8 Years, to correct the alignment, having braces was a struggle, i need to visit my dentist atleast twice a month because of how severe my teeth issues are, i had 2 dental operation just to correct my impacted canine tooth.
This year 2021, i decided to get my braces removed, because of how long i had my braces some of my teeth are damaged and discolor. Getting a veneers is an option my dentist gave me.
Types of Veneers
1. Composite Veneers - Composite veneers are made of composite resin, Composite veneers are less expensive and they blend in fairly well with your natural tooth color, but are prone to stains over time and do not last as long. Also, dental restoration that can be applied in one dentist visit.
2. Emax Veneers - Also known as Lithium Silicate, Emax Veneers has distinctive features that make it highly effective at restorative dentistry. It is used to make full crowns for restoring broken or damaged teeth. Emax veneers are translucent in appearance- a quality which gives them the ability to provide a more natural appearance to your teeth.
3. Zirconia Veneers - are a type of ceramic material known as zirconia oxide. They are used to make full or partial crowns for restoring a damaged tooth. Zirconia veneers are manufactured in different shades, allowing you to select the type of shades that best matches the color of your existing teeth. Zirconia veneers are designed to give your teeth a natural appearance so that you can feel more confident flashing your smile, this material has an unbeatable strength and can last a long time.
1. Trimming the tooth - the idea is that the enamel on the front side of your tooth is trimmed back about the same thickness as the veneer that will be placed.
2. Picking the Shade
3. Create a Dental Mold or Your Dental impression - It will be used to fabricate your veneer.
4. Placing a temporary Veneers - Unlike Composite Veneers, Emax/Zirconia needs atleast 1 week lead time to be created in a laboratory
5. Veneers Fitting - When its ready, fitting is required to test if you like how the veneers looks, you may also request to adjust its size during this step if you want.
Naniniwala ako sa kasabihan na, "Kapag hindi binigay satin, pag ipunan mo at bayandan mo" hahaha. Para sakin, Im a PRO Self Improvement or self enchancement, if getting a veneers will improve your self esteem, go for it! walang mali doon. ang importante ay
How much it cost
1. Composite Veneers - P5000 / Per Tooth
2. Emax Veneers - P8000 / Per Tooth
3. Zirconia - P 13000 / Per Tooth
because of durability, i chose Zirconia Veneers
where to consult and get your Veneers or any dental services?
5k Dental Center
14 Antique St. Bago Bantay Quezon City
Just look for Dra. Carol Aquino, Dra. Kamille Aquino and Dra. Kristine Aquino
Use your smile to change the world, dont let the world change your smile!
An IT Professional working as a Quality Assurance Engineer, and an online influencer / Blogger that loves sharing all my Aspirations in life through Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle!